Announcing Fedora 7 Test 1 (6.90)

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Thu Feb 1 22:20:27 UTC 2007

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 11:57 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>> Downloads
>> =========
>> DVD, CD and network installation are available.
>> Please read the Important Warnings below in this announcement for more
>> details.
>
> I'd like to hear if anyone can do an ftp/http/nfs install against the
> tree itself, not the iso's and if they do, did they do it against their
> own network or from a mirror or different site?
>
> Asking because I can't do neither against the tree.  Will find out if I
> at least can against the spun iso's.

I tried an FTP install but it failed. I noticed however that the
"test/6.90" directories have been locked down again. They were accessible
when I downloaded the net-install image but now I get a "permission denied"
error (I tried a few mirrors). During the install I got the following error:

Unable to read package metadata.  This may be due to a missing repodata
directory.  Please ensure that your install treee has been correctly
generated.  Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository:
anaconda-base-XXXXXXXXXX.i386

Not sure if this has something to do with the sudden unavailability of the
directories but if the anaconda-base file gets pulled from there that might
explain it.

Regards,
   Dennis