Announcing Fedora 7 Test 1 (6.90)

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Feb 2 01:04:47 UTC 2007

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> Rawhide lives under "development" and test1 lives under "test" so the
> rawhide updates shouldn't really play a role in this. If the test
> releases would rely on a dynamic package repository how could you
> possibly file sane bug reports?
>
> Regards,
>   Dennis

The test directory is a starting point for installation. Rawhide
(development used to be active to get updates during the test periods.
The developers should be squashing bugs and development would be for the
active progression of FC7 2B.
Development should be rather stable at this time and only contain what
is supposed to be hapening with FC7 for test one, two and three.

Bug report sanity is a good question though. I file bugs experienced
during the test phase against the current test release. Other people
suggested filing the bug other than the initial install against
development. I guess there is some logic behind both strategies.

Jim

--
When nothing can possibly go wrong, it will.