Install using vesa fails with ATI X700

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 2 02:23:50 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Just installed F7T1 i386 on my Acer 4005 x86_64 laptop on a separate
partition I had reserved for F7T1. This laptop has an ATI X700 video
chipset. On both FC6 and F7T1 anaconda correctly detects the ATI X700
but when it starts X the output gets sent to the external monitor or
TV-out port so I only get a black screen. On FC6 I could specify vesa as
a boot option which then worked fine. However, F7T1 does understand it
needs to use vesa but it fails to start X and it falls back to text
mode.

Anyone had similar experiences with using vesa?

Regards,
Patrick