F7-LiveCD (386) report

Miles Lane miles.lane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 17:03:27 UTC 2007

LiveCD (386) regular boot:

gnome-games-data missing?  (no cards in aisleriot, blocks in mahjongg, etc)

My wireless card didn't work.  The ipw2200 module loading process
failed to load the firmware.

The partitions on my hard drive were not automounted (NTFS, vfat and ext3).

I prefer the Firefox icon over the one currently displayed in the top panel.

When I booted, there was no configuring of the date/time, language or
keyboard layout.

Avahi must not be running, because the "Default Printer" configuration
program in Control Center did not see my network printer.

For the Clearlooks theme, changing the font color for Selected Items
doesn't work.

AbiWord crashed.

"Assistive technology requested but accessibility registry not
found..." message requires a mouse-click before Xorg will start.

No boot sound.

After enabling Desktop Effects and Cube in Control Center, it is not
intuitive that the Workspace Switcher Applet will switch between
cubes.

Also, after enabling desktop effects, new windows get displayed with
their titlebars hidden beneath the top gnome panel.

With compiz, Ilike the wobbly windows, but hate the jiggly menus.

Testing with the LiveCD (386) loaded into RAM (I have 1.5GB RAM):

System became unusable when I loaded Firefox, after loading Control
Center and gnome-terminal.