Scanner not found

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 3 03:38:37 UTC 2007

My Epson Perfection 4490 Photo scanner is not found in F7T1.  To make it
work in FC6, I only needed to install iscan, downloaded from avasys.com,
and it automatically worked.

I have installed the latest iscan, and neither iscan nor xsane will
work.

sane-find-scanner locates it, scanimage -L does not.

[root at localhost ~]# sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0119 [EPSON
Scanner]) at libusb:002:005

[root at localhost ~]# scanimage -L

Are other users' scanners working?

Gerry