FC7T1 Problems

dragoran drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 13:49:32 UTC 2007

David Nielsen wrote:
> fre, 02 02 2007 kl. 18:01 +0100, skrev dragoran:
>
>> monty19@ hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Not necessarilly a bug, but a question as to why the development
>>> packages are not an option to install on the Desktop disc?  It seems
>>> like a perfectly reasonable thing to want to install development
>>> software on a desktop afterall...
>>>
>> see this thread (about gcc in Desktop)
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-desktop-list/2007-January/msg00115.html
>> for me a developer is a desktop user but others seem to disagree
>>

> If you are a developer you can either install it on your own
its no problem to do yum install gcc foo-devel if you have a internet
connection (which I have) but others dont ....
>  or use a
> spin that is intended for your use case if it's so important that you
> get it by default
this spin does not exists (yet)
even for non developers I think atleast kernel-devel and gcc should be
on the media to make it possible to build and install external modules
(drivers)
>  (remember you generally will need all the -devel
> packages as well).

not all but the ones needed.