Adding KDE to FC7 test1

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Feb 3 22:32:25 UTC 2007

Doctor Who wrote:
> On 2/3/07, Doctor Who <whodoctor at gmail.com> wrote:
>> this
>> >
>> > All you need to do is launch Applications -> Add / Remove Software.
>> Select
>> > the KDE group and away you go.
>> >

>> OK, I'll give that a try when I get back to the box.  I installed with
>> the DVD and didn't have an option during the install for KDE...only
>> Gnome was available for 'Desktop Environments'
>>

> I used Package Manager as suggested, but after selecting a number of
> packages, choosing 'Apply' and getting a verification of what packages
> will be installed, nothing appears to happen. :-(
>
> top doesn't show much of anything taking up a lot of CPU cycles (a
> little pirut), so not sure if this is a bug or that it's just taking a
> looooooong amount of time.
>
> It's been sitting a the Package Manager window for several minutes now...

There are conflicting package problems right now with KDE. You might
want to wait for these dep erros to fixed before attempting to install
KDE. I get the below currently with KDE and yum. I exclued kde for righ
now normally. This problem is some days old, see the rawhide reports for
reference.

Jim

--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: kdelibs >= 6:3.5.6 for package: kdegames
--> Processing Dependency: kdelibs >= 6:3.5.6 for package: kdebase
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: kdelibs >= 6:3.5.6 is needed by package kdegames
Error: Missing Dependency: kdelibs >= 6:3.5.6 is needed by package kdebase

--
It'll be a nice world if they ever get it finished.