torrent very quick, why? (not complaining) - also desktop, upgradeable?

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Sun Feb 4 02:58:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 21:50 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Is there a technical reason why the torrent was as quick as it way? I
> never got 700k transfers before with the torrent. Usually I only get 20k
> to 40k transfers.
> Upload is only 20k to feed the torrent on my machine though.

Bittorrent transfers are fast if there are a lot of systems contributing
bandwidth.  There is only one system that is an "official" seed.  Even
though that system is on a pretty fast link when you get a lot of people
trying to download at the same time it can take a while.  I have a
pretty decent link at work so I made a point of setting up a client as
soon as the torrents were available and sharing my bandwidth.  I think
several others did the same.

Jeff