How to use rawhide boot iso?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Feb 6 17:08:44 UTC 2007

Because I have a problem with the F7T1 spin not recognizing my hard drives,
I am trying to use the current boot.iso in development to do an install.
The current boot iso does seem to see my hard drives, but I still couldn't
do a hard drive install. I think this is because the partitions are tagged
as software raid partitions and the install seems to be trying to mount
them as vfat file systems. I bugzilla'd this case.

I also tried using the cdrom (using DVDs) install, but it doesn't like
switching to either the original F7T1 install DVD or a nonbootable DVD with
rawhide images and rpms layed out with the same directory structure as
the F7T1 DVD. Both DVDs are mountable under FC5 and verified successfully
when I burned them. Unfortunately the error message is not very specific
about what has gone wrong. I can't tell if the mounts are failing, the
directory layout isn't what is expected or if there is something else going
wrong.

What I am hoping someone can tell me is whether or not I am doing things the
way I am supposed to for the CD install. If I am I'll bugzilla it, if not
some hint as to what I need to change would be appreciated.