What is the fascination with 'spins'

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 22:53:39 UTC 2007

On 2/5/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Monday 05 February 2007 13:55, James Hubbard wrote:
> > Where's the list of packages that go into each spin?
>
> They are being developed over time.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFedoraDesktop/PackageList
>
> lists the packages we specifically ask for, and then let pungi depsolve.

Is there some mechanism in all this to pull packages into a spin but
not set them to install by default? Or is the current group selection
/ package selection going away in favour of a system where you make
your package selections at ISO build time and then install additional
packages later via network?

/Mike