Unable to install FC7t1 from hard disk iso images.

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 16:51:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 11:02 +0200, Pasha R wrote:
> I'm trying to install FC7t1 from harddisk images. I add askmethod
> parameter to a kernel command line, and when asked specify device and
> directory where iso images located. But all I get is an error message
> "No such file or directory" and that installer can't find images.

This is a known bug. Please see:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/7/Test1TreeTesting

which points you to:

Harddrive install failure (pre F7-test1) - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/224534

I'm not sure what the actual bug is, or the ETA on a fix, but the
anaconda folks are looking at it and should have some info soon.

-w