Kernel crash: Nokia N80 in PC Suite mode over USB

Havard Rast Blok newsmail1 at hblok.net
Thu Feb 8 05:47:48 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:33:12PM +0100, Havard Rast Blok wrote:
>> When I connect my Nokia N80-1 (Internet edition) via USB (original
>> cable) and select "PC Suite" on the phone, I get a kernel bug message,
>> as seen below. In "Mass Storage" mode, the miniSD card in the phone
>
> How repeatable is this ?

> Looks like a memory scribble. My first guess would be a bug in the rndis
> error handling. You might want to also send a report to the USB developer
> list if this is repeatable:
>
> linux-usb-devel at lists.sourceforge.net

This is reproducible every time I try on two different boxes using the
2.6.18-1.2798.fc6 kernel. Last night I upgraded one of them to
2.6.19-1.2895.fc6, as suggested by Pietikainen, however I still get a
kernel bug message and subsequent system hang. It seems though, as the
hang might be related to cable disconnect, rather than connect, however,
these phone cables are all rather fragile, so I'll test a bit more.

I get some slightly different messages on the two boxes and with
different kernels, so I'll wrap this all up and send to the Linux-USB
guys as you suggested.

Regards,

Havard

--