emacs 22

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Feb 8 21:12:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 07:33:07PM +0000, Leo wrote:
> On 2007-02-08, Leif Hedstrom said:
>

> > Hmmm, I'm having all sorts of problems with this version.  :) For
> > starters, if I try to resize the Emacs window, it hangs my X11
> > server, and it has to be restarted.

Actually no.  It does not hang server.  It locks emacs window.  If
you can login from a remote and kill emacs process then everything
will work fine after that.

> > This doesn't happen with any
> > other windows, just Emacs.
>
> Never happens here.

Is "here" a rawhide installation?  There is no problem with emacs 22
on FC5 or FC6 or when ATK support is turned off or when metacity for
a window manager is not used (I do not know about compiz).  Moreover
the issue is very hard to repeat if you are running under strace. :-)

  Michal