24 hour format and other not useful clock options

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 11 13:17:10 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>> What happened to the 12 hour AM/PM format for time adjustments? It
>> worked well for over 45 years for me. Why remove the option?
> This was caused by using an svn snapshot (HAVE_LANGINFO_H was missing
> from config.h.in). Fixed now.

Thanks!

I am not used to the 24 hr format and rather like the 12 hour AM/PM
format. I checked the help and it said something regarding the language
selection hiding this feature. I have English USA selected, so it should
be available. I'm glad it was just the LANGINFO_H missing problem and
not intentional.

24 hour format is not totally useless, I just find it distracting.

Jim

--
It's union rules. There's nothing we can do about it. Sorry.