Can I build ISO image from rpm packages for FC7?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 16 05:48:12 UTC 2007

孙宗君 wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Since FC7 won't contain build environment in its desktop release, at
> least currently there is no such plan, I want to know whether we can
> build such install disks from raw packages under the Fedora/RPMS with
> tools from Fedora release team.   Can such tool be used on non-Fedora
> platform, for example, Mandriva, Debian?
>
> I think such tools exist. I want to know the detailed information about
> them and what contents should be downloaded for building a complete ISO
> images for installing everything.
>
> Thanks for your kindly support and hardwork.

See the discussions in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-February/msg00779.html

For the tools,

Pilgrim is a Live CD creation tool that be used to produce CD's with the
ability to install them to a hard disk

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD

Pungi is a distribution composing tool. Both Pilgrim and Pungi uses
Anaconda.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureUsePungi

Rahul