F7t2 and QA Meeting

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Feb 21 17:51:05 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 07:27:43AM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
 > On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 10:44:15PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
 > >  > A patch to fix the problem was accepted into the libata tree this
 > >  > morning, so it should show up in the mainline kernel -git soon.
 > >
 > > That specific bug /should/ be fixed in the fedora kernel that'll hit
 > > rawhide tomorrow.
 >
 > The current libata tree is totally broken, cable detect is broken on intel
 > chipsets at least, the resource changes cause the pcmcia driver to panic and
 > various other stuff seems to have been upset in the current set of changes.

FWIW, 2.6.20 isn't faring much better right now either.
The pending FC5/FC6 update got it's first cut at a testable RPM last night,
and fell over in so many spectacular ways I'd be embarressed to release it.

With .21 in rc now, hopefully the final .21 will be a lot better for F7.
F6 is in need of much surgery though.

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk