ati x1400 (text mode) F7+

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Feb 28 00:40:48 UTC 2007

Once upon a time, Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> said:
> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 15:33 -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> > I have an AMD system, so AFAIK I can't get an Intel card (aren't they
> > all integrated?).  My only choices then for 3d with non-proprietary
> > drivers are ATI cards, right?
>
> If you insist on getting cards and post-DX7-level 3D, yes.  Motherboards
> are reasonably cheap.  There's still the Matrox G-series cards but
> they're DX7-ish.

Well, it would be mboard+CPU+RAM, which isn't quite as cheap.

> Nah, R400 works, I've tested it on an X800.  The r300 DRI driver covers
> both the R300 and R400 generations, and will probably cover R500 once we
> figure it out.

Oops, my bad.  I was poking through the code and saw a comment that said
"R420 and RV410 family not supported yet" in radeon_driver.c.  I see
that it is in RADEONInitDispBandwidth(), which doesn't appear to be a
critical thing.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>