USB problems and CD mounting problems - what package should I BZ?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Jan 5 16:36:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 03:36:55PM +0000, Paul wrote:

> I can't mount a USB device at all. USB is working (it's powering a
                                       ^^^^^^
> bluetooth dongle, Palm P3 and my MP3 player), but nothing is
> auto-mounting.
>
> If I put a CD or DVD into any of my drives, they too are not
> automounting - I can mount them from the command line though.
                    ^^^^^^

> If I double click on the icon in nautilus, it fails to mount then
> as well.

Any useful output if you will try to use 'gnome-mount' directly
from a command prompt?  That's what you trying to do by double
clicking but not much to see then.  Pay attention to what
'gnome-mount --help' has to say.

> Do I need to file both of these problems under hal or the kernel or
> indeed, some other package?

It appears from what you write that kernel is doing its job.  What
precisely fails is not obvious from your description.  I guess that
you can always complain here about 'gnome-mount'.  Likely attach
an 'lshal' output to your report.

   Michal