Kernel-2.6.20-rc*

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:34:00 UTC 2007

On 1/17/07, Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave Jones,
>
> Do you know when you will be building a kernel off of that?
>
> I'm interested in rc2 and beyond
>
> http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0612.3/0000.html
>
> I was wanting to test the Novatel U720
>
>  Eric Smith (1):
>  usb serial: add support for Novatel S720/U720 CDMA/EV-DO modems
>
> http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-mm-commits&m=116577893917749&q=raw

Even without the updated kernel you can instruct usbserial to talk to
the device manually:
modprobe usbserial  product=0×2110 vendor=0×1410

Let me know if you get it working. I just recieved one of these too,
but since it doesn't appear possible to perform first time activation
of the device without Microsoft Windows, I'm considering sending it
back.