How to report install bug?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Jan 23 04:26:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 08:43:56PM -0700, Jerry Williams wrote:
> How should I report this bug to bugzilla?

Sounds like you would have to complain about your BIOS.

> I boot from usb flash drive and select NFS for install.
> Install runs fine and then reboot fails because I have to change the bios
> every time to boot from usb flash drive.

Grub allows things like

     grub> map (hd0) (hd1)
     grub> map (hd1) (hd0)

Maybe you can use that when booting from flash?
After that you can write a boot sector and it should point to
a device which will be correct after you removed your flash.
At least it seems to me that this will be the case.

See 'info grub' for more info. Grub numbers devices in an order they
are presented by BIOS.

   Michal