Fedora Core 6 Test Update: evolution-2.8.2.1-3.fc6

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Tue Jan 2 19:52:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-01 at 21:51 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> Fedora Test Update Notification
> FEDORA-2006-001
> 2007-01-01
>
> Product     : Fedora Core 6
> Name        : evolution
> Version     : 2.8.2.1
> Release     : 3.fc6
> Summary     : GNOME's next-generation groupware suite
> Description :
> Evolution is the GNOME mailer, calendar, contact manager and
> communications tool.  The tools which make up Evolution will
> be tightly integrated with one another and act as a seamless
> personal information-management tool.

> Update Information:
>
> This update fixes a minor packaging error in evolution.
> * Sun Dec 30 2007 Matthew Barnes <mbarnes at redhat.com> - 2.8.2.1-3.fc6
> - Add Requires evolution-data-server-devel to devel subpackage
>   (RH bug #218889).
> * Tue Nov 27 2007 Matthew Barnes <mbarnes at redhat.com> - 2.8.2.1-2.fc6
> - Remove patch for GNOME bug #343331 (fixed upstream).
> - Require evolution-data-server-1.8.2, since libcamel's API changed.
> * Tue Nov 21 2006 Matthew Barnes <mbarnes at redhat.com> - 2.8.2.1-1.fc6
> - Update to 2.8.2.1
> * Mon Nov 20 2006 Matthew Barnes <mbarnes at redhat.com> - 2.8.2-1.fc6
> - Update to 2.8.2

> This update can be downloaded from:
>     http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/6/

Although the changelog doesn't give any indication why, this version of
evolution seems to stop checking all my IMAP folders for new mail after
a random amount of time. (I use procmail server side filtering.) I'll
click on a mailbox and it will suddenly show new messages that weren't
indicated until I clicked it. I check every minute so it's easy to tell
things aren't right when the new mail is from an hour ago.

I just updated this morning. I'm running FC6/i386 and evolution on the
client and the IMAP server is FC6/X86_64 running dovecot.

Bugzilla is absolutely glacial at the moment. My search for evolution
bugs has been churning for 5 minutes. I'll reply later with a bugzilla
number unless someone already has one.

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |