[OT] kvm kernel module in fc6?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 23:20:02 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 18:11, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> probably more correct to post to fedora extra, but as kernel is also
> affected, I try to post also here. Sorry for your extra-time.
> I have an updated fc6 (2.6.18-1.2869.fc6) and I installed the
> kvm-9-1.i386.rpm package found under extras-development.
> But this gives me only the user space modified version of qemu
> (qemu-kvm is the only file included).
> I'm able to run for example the iso of the fc6 live cd without problem.
> When running it I'm obviously receiving the message that /dev/kvm is
> not found and that kvm will so be turned off.
> In case I want to run Windows inside it, can I find the pre-compiled
> version of kvm for fc6 anywhere or should I download the source and
> self compile?
> I have a quad core system based on a p5b-vm mb so that I would like to
> test vt technology.
> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Gianluca

Please don't cross post.

You really shouldn't mix extras-development with Core 6.  The two are not
designed to work with eachother.  For using KVM, you really need the kernel
from rawhide (fedora development).  However, there be dragons there.  Your
milage may vary.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora