RPM database all messed up after update

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 12 02:19:09 UTC 2007

Jim Cornette wrote:

Correcting the problem was not too difficult.
I just needed to run the below to redo the transaction.

yum --exclude=gnome-menus-2.17.5-1.fc7
--exclude=redhat-menus-7.8.9-1.fc7 --exclude "elfutil*" -y update

Checking for updates only shows now what I expected, except for the
elfutils packages.

Updated Packages
elfutils.i386                  0.125-3.fc7            development
elfutils-libelf-devel.i386     0.125-3.fc7            development
gnome-menus.i386               2.17.5-1.fc7           development

Jim

--
After a few boring years, socially meaningful rock 'n' roll died out. It
was replaced by disco, which offers no guidance to any form of life more