Upgrading FC6 -> Rawhide.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Jan 20 15:59:20 UTC 2007

On 19/01/2007, at 10:07 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Steven Haigh wrote:

>>> Yep.  Waiting for upstream yum 3.1, which is rolling in a bunch
>>> of patches to
>>> the 3.0(.3) version.
>> Is there a way I can make the update happen anyhow without
>> downgrading yum?
>> I did see something a while back about the --skip-broken (i think)
>> option, however I can't seem to see this option available.
>
> That is part of the yum-skip-broken plugin in Fedora Extras.

Looks like this still won't work as glib (or glibc?) also depends on
dependencies that fall within the updated yum packages. This means
without reverting yum back to the rawhide version, it's currently not
possible to do an upgrade from FC6 to the current rawhide.

A newer version of yum in rawhide would probably fix this.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au