Upgrading FC6 -> Rawhide.

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jan 20 16:44:40 UTC 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 11:35, Steven Haigh wrote:
> Would it cause any issues downgrading to the rawhide yum? For what
> reason is the rawhide yum older than the released yum version in the
> stable/updates area?

We had a specific bug we wanted to fix in FC6.  Rawhide has some other patches
to make it work with python2.5, and juggling in the rest of the 3.0 patches I
guess was not ideal.  3.1 is supposed to be coming very soon from upstream
and yum will get updated then.  Most definitely it will either get a new
upstream release, or the forward port before Test1.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora