Error: Missing Dependency: libSDL_gfx.so.13 is needed by package perl-SDL

wayne wdhammond at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 21 01:17:41 UTC 2007

For the last month, yum has been failing to update with an error
message: "Error: Missing Dependency: libSDL_gfx.so.13 is needed by
package perl-SDL"

This last time I tried a recommendation for a similar problem posted on
the Red Hat forums.  It did not work. How can I resolve this problem?

[root at localhost ~]# sudo yum --exclude=perl-SDL* update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Resolving Dependencies
< snip processing of files >
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libSDL_gfx.so.13 is needed by package perl-SDL

--
Wayne
www.glenmeadows.us