fedora-test-list Digest, Vol 35, Issue 27

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sun Jan 21 18:09:51 UTC 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:10:02 -0600, wayne wrote:

> > Error: Missing Dependency: libSDL_gfx.so.13 is needed by package perl-SDL
> >

> I did a search on the error message and found http://www.ferzkopp.net/joomla/content/view/19/14/
> which explains the reason for the error as:

No, all this does not apply to Fedora until the SDL_gfx packager does
an upgrade to a newer SDL_gfx upstream release.

> fix would be to locate the .so file using "locate SDL_gfx | grep .so"
> and making a symbolic link to the missing dependency as in "ln -s
> /usr/lib/SDL_gfx.so.0.0.15 /usr/lib/SDL_gfx.so.13". A newer .15 RPM
> might requires some scripts to do this automatically - I don't know how
> to set this up (that's why there is no .15 RPM right now.)

This is not a fix but a poor hack. The fact that you have a
SDL_gfx.so.0.0.15 proves that you have downloaded an SDL_gfx package from
a non-Fedora repository. It is an incompatible package upgrade which
breakes the dependencies.

> Posted by Maurizio Loreti, whose homepage is here
> <http://www.pd.infn.it/%7Eloreti/mlo.html> on 01/01/2007 at 14:19
>
> I resolved the problem temporarily by removing frozen-bubble and
> perl-SDL which are the only applications on my computer requiring
> libSDL_gfx.  I then had to go to /var/lib/rpm and delete all of the db
> files and rebuild the database with rpm -vv --rebuilddb
> This fixed the problem with updates.
>
> I am hesitant to reinstall frozen-bubble until this problem is resolved.

Just revisit my reply to your original message. You sound confused.
Messing with files in /var/lib/rpm was not necessary.