Fighting the i386 plague

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Jan 23 00:51:43 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:33:25AM +0000, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Michal Jaegermann <michal <at> harddata.com> writes:
> > Actually removing 32bit stuff is quite easy.  The following
> >
> >     yum remove '*.i?86'
> >
> > will do just fine.
>
> ... and leave you with lots of RPMs with missing files

That is why you need 'package-cleanup' run as well.
You conveniently cut what I wrote.

This is still easy if tedious in places.  I agree that a non-broken
rpm would be a good thing to have.  The above is really a one
time deal, but cleanups after yum screwed up, which it does from
time to time, would be much easier with a correct rpm.

   Michal