Help fix fc7 rescue. minstg2.img

Jerry Williams jwilliam at xmission.com
Tue Jan 23 17:52:24 UTC 2007

Please help me fix the Fedora 7 rescue image.
Downloaded the Jan 23 diskboot.img file and I tried it today.
Something has changed because I no longer see the message about
libncurses.so.5 in the ALT-F2 window.

ALT-F3 window says:
INFO : NFS install method detected, will use RHupdates/
INFO : Running anaconda script /usr/bin/anaconda
INFO : using only installclass _Fedora
INFO : _Fedora in only installclass, using it

Main window says:
File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 694, in <module>
rescue.runRescue(anaconda)
File "/usr/lib/anaconda/rescue.py", line 272, in runRescue
Anaconda.setMethod()
TypeError: setMethod() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
Install exited abnormally [1/1]
Blaw blaw you may safely reboot your system

I am unable to type in the ALT-F2 window at the sh-3.2# prompt.

I am booting from USB flash drive and loading it over NFS.

Maybe put a sleep in so that I could look around before it dies?
I am able to type in the ALT-F2 window for a few secs before it dies.
Was able to do ls /usr/lib.

What can I look at to help figure this out?