Evolution crashes

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Thu Jan 25 15:02:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 14:58 +0000, Caolan McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 08:37 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Is anyone running current rawhide version of evolution experiencing
> > crashes in the program, when clicking on an email in preview pane
> > without even opening it?
> >
> > I can't tell what might be causing it, as it's even from other users on
> > the fedora lists, that I am sure are using linux and text type
> > formatting.
> >
> > [mike at scrappy ~]$ rpm -qa |grep evolution
> > evolution-2.9.5-2.fc7
> > evolution-data-server-1.9.5-3.fc7
>
> No idea. A backtrace from gdb might help track it down.
>
> But any chance that there's a connection to gpg signed mails ?
> Or a connection to having "group by threads" on ?

Well, it's put it this way.

I click on an email, it tries to use bug-buddy, then I cancel and it
exits.  I then open back up evolution, click on the same folder, same
email and it works *shrug*.

One other thing along with what I just wrote.  Is that if it crashes,
and when I go to open it back up, letting it stay highlighted on the
same folder as when it crashed, and if I go ahead and delete the rest of
the emails, the folder still shows the same # of emails as it had before
the crash.  I have to click off of it, then back on it again to get the
number of unread msgs to disappear.

Ok, there is one thing that I do on new installs on this computer.  I
was running FC6 + upgrades.  I saved my /home/usr/.evolution
(and /home/usr/.gconf/apps/evolution) folder.  Once i reinstalled FC6, I
then updated to rawhide.  I then copied my .evolution folder back over
before running it the first time.

I will create a test user with same email addy to see if it still
crashes or not, unless someone else is experiencing same thing.  Guess I
am not wanting to recreate my folders, filters and such from scratch
unless I have to.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"