Fedora Core 6 Test Update: kernel-2.6.22.1-15.fc6

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 19 18:28:45 UTC 2007

KH KH wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Actually this updated kernel contains the juju firewire...
> This will bring some regression, as state here:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-July/msg00843.html
>
> For example,here is what i wouln't like to see rising for FC-6 also...
> http://www.ezplanetone.com/xwiki/bin/view/KnowledgeBase/BrokenFC7FireWire

This "knowledge base" sounds pretty trollish. The firewire stack is from
Red Hat and is in the upstream kernel and was backported into 2.6.21
kernel in Fedora 7. Yes, it had some regressions while providing better
functionality and robustness in the long term (atleast thats the idea)
but I don't remember anyone from EzPlanet asking for reasons.

Rahul