yum-updatesd actually work for anyone?

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Tue Jul 10 12:40:37 UTC 2007

fedora-test-list-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 07/09/2007 08:32:22 PM:

> Zing wrote:
> > On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 09:32:23 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> >
> >>on 5 different fc7 machines.  Every one of them just hangs. Does this
> >>actually work for anyone?
> >

> > I remove/disable yum-updatesd first thing.  I got tired of it locking
me
> > out whenever I tried to use yum cli.
> >
> In my case, I just wait for a short time until the deamon finishes its
> access of the repo.  Then I can use yum how I wish.  If I request too
> soon, I am advised that 'another copy is running'.  I hope this was your
> problem, else I can not help you further.

Yeah.... Thats what the 2nd guy is mentioning/complaining about.
That at the most inconvinient time... that damn daemon is running
preventing him from running yum manually.  I think that happened to
me too, when I first installed FC7 (for testing).  It ticked _me_
off too!  The trouble with waiting is... you don't know how long to
wait.  So I just killed it. Happyness... I could then run yum whenever
I wanted to.

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.