Fedora Test Update e-mails?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jul 10 15:03:52 UTC 2007

Cc'ing fedora-package-announce-owner and fedora-test-list-owner because they
need to change something to make this work.

On Di Juli 10 2007, Till Maas wrote:
> On Di Juli 10 2007, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > I know it's "just another mailing list", but the announcements do go to
> > fedora-package-announce@ also.  So why not stop the emails to the main
> The announcments to fedora-package-announce are only for stable updates
> that passed testing, on this list are the announcements for testing
> updates.

Hm, seems it was either intended or there was a time when Test Updates went to
f-p-a, because there is a Topic updates testing, maybe this can be changed to

updates-testing 7 with a regular expression:

Fedora\ 7\ Test\ Update

Than one can select which announcements one wants to subscribe to. But the
test update announcments need to be sent to that list, too.

The topic regular expression for Fedora 7 needs some adjustment, too:

Currently it is:

Fedora\ 7

It should be
Fedora\ 7\ Update
I guess.

Additionally there could be a topic defined for this list, e.g.

Fedora Update Announcements
Fedora\ .\ Test\ Update

or the a versioned one. Then everyone can select the announcements one wants
for this list.

Imho sending the announcements via fedora-package-announce is the cleaner way,
because they are package announcements. :-)

Regards,
Till