Fedora 7 Test Update: kernel-2.6.22.1-27.fc7

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at online.de
Thu Jul 19 12:21:51 UTC 2007

Rodd Clarkson wrote:

> You're going to find the use of the term 'nvidia' or 'kmod-nvidia' is a
> real conversation killer on this list.

nice to hear, that i'm still in the *position* to lower my situation on
this list, so it's not so bad as i thought...
;-)

> That aside, I'm finding that with updates-testing I'm either getting a
> conflict, or it uninstalls kmod-nvidia and xorg-x11-drv-nvidia.  The
> later is better for me since I just rebuild the kmod-nvidia driver and
> then reinstall both packages.

that was the way i did a couple of month ago.
now the situation has dramatically changed:

dave jones was "cloned", so the frequency of releasing kernels has raised.

do you really mean i'm able to come up with them ?

seriously,
it has [a second] disadvantage too, bugs against that kernel ~carry the
*tained* flags/message as well.

bug reports and tained kernels..., iiiiiiiiii see
['should eat my anti-forgetfulness piles again].

> Hope this helps

nevertheless, thanks for the answer

i think i give nouveau a shot.
i lost it out my eyes
if it works: a "one fit them all" solution.
- no tained flags
- no compiler runs
- no suspend/hibernate trouble with nvidia driver
- a *combined* test of kernels and nouveau drivers
- ...

--
      Ronald