yum repo config file missing after fresh FC7 install, how to regenerate?

ron flory ron.flory at adtran.com
Thu Jul 19 20:22:10 UTC 2007

hi-

  Problems with kernel/rpms on the repos 'ate' my system after
a routine pup update last week- so bad that I had to do a full
FC7 re-install from scratch.

  After the reinstall/reboots, I noticed all the yum repos config
files were missing, which prevents yum/pup from doing anything
at all.  (btw, this all worked fine after on the first FC7
install).

  Believe me, I've looked, but can anybody provide a hint on
how to regenerate the yum repos config entries?  The installer
did this once, I imagine there should be a prog/script somewhere
to re-do this.

  (yes, I could probably copy the files from another machine,
   but I'm also trying to provide an online record for others
   to search for in the future).

ron