A problem with db4 killed my rpm database with F7

Doncho N. Gunchev gunchev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:15:19 UTC 2007

  I filled bug # 242092 for this, but in short after some db4(3?) errors
with rpm/yum my rpm package database now has only about 151
package (were 1466). I got in this situation after yum shell (errors);
rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db.*; rpm --rebuilddb (errors); rpm --rebuilddb.
This trick worked fine for me from RH9 till now (2-3 times every
year). (The old nptl + db4 problem I think).

  I can probably download all packages again (/var/log/rpmpkgs)
and 'rpm -ihv --justdb' them or reinstall. Any suggestions?
btw: everything still works, except for yum (no fedora-release in
the rpm db and thus no info what to search).

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev, GPG key ID: 0EF40B9E, Key server: pgp.mit.edu