FC7 XEN 32 bit version.

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Jun 4 15:41:37 UTC 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 11:36:23 Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007 11:23:55 Leslie Satenstein wrote:
> > Bugzilla is a reasonably fine tool, but it needs an administrator to scan
> > open bugs and either write them off, or put them into the "fix it up"
> > queue.  November to June and still no 32 bit XEN version... Should I not
> > be frustrated?
>
> Honestly you should be thrilled if any Xen stuff work.  Xen is still not
> upstream and they are stuck on an older kernel at the Xen upstream.  What
> we have in fedora is a best effort forward port done as fast as it can, but
> the fact that it works at all in any configuration is pretty impressive to
> me.

Hrm, this sounds wrong.  The work our Xen team has done to make Xen functional
for Fedora is flat out amazing.  The situation they face with a Xen upstream
not moving off an older kernel, Fedora steamrolling forward with as new of
kernels as they come, and no Xen in the upstream kernel is a very very tough
place to be in.  I don't mean to detract from the hard work they've done.
What I'm trying to point out is that the situation is pretty bad for having a
rock solid Xen in Fedora 7, and what our team has done is great, but I
wouldn't expect it to be perfect.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora