Fedora 7 Test Update: pam-0.99.7.1-5.1.fc7

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 7 14:43:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 09:39 -0700, updates at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Fedora Test Update Notification
> FEDORA-2007-0202
> 2007-06-06 09:39:24.182668
>
> Name        : pam
> Product     : Fedora 7
> Version     : 0.99.7.1
> Release     : 5.1.fc7
> Summary     : A security tool which provides authentication for applications
> Description :
> PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) is a system security tool that
> allows system administrators to set authentication policy without
> having to recompile programs that handle authentication.

> Update Information:
>
> Updates pam_unix module to match current selinux policy.
> ChangeLog:
>
> * Tue Jun  5 2007 Tomas Mraz <tmraz at redhat.com> 0.99.7.1-5.1
> - pam_namespace: better document behavior on failure (#237249)
> - pam_unix: split out passwd change to a new helper binary (#236316)

I just did an update with the stuff in fedora-updates-testing on a fresh
F7 install and noticed that this pam update causes its new system-auth
file to be saved as system-auth.rpmnew in /etc/pam.d/. I'm no pam expert
but shouldn't the old config just be overwritten? Maybe there is a
noreplace directive active in the spec file?

Regards,
Patrick