Fetchmail WARNING: Running as root is discouraged....

Jim Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Mon Jun 11 04:25:42 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neal Becker" <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>
To: <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2007 4:10 PM
Subject: Re: Fetchmail WARNING: Running as root is discouraged....

> Jim Bevier wrote:

Running as root allows me to download about 12 different users e-mail from
my ISP, deliver it to the users, and run spamassassin with custom
configurations.  Now if it was just one name, your suggestion would be
correct, and I would not have to run as root.  The alternative would be to
have a crontab entry for each user, and let it work from there.  One file
from root is much easier.

Jim