memory warning about g_thread_init [was Re: no gnome user sessions after 20070618 changes]

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Thu Jun 21 16:22:03 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 09:07:12AM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:20:27 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
>
> > Me too. Things have been Kinda Br0ke for a couple of weeks, in fact.
> >
> > > ***MEMORY-WARNING***: gnome-session[3348]: GSlice: g_thread_init()
>
> Here's some background:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-January/msg00005.html

They sound in this thread like that was some "minor improvement"
and a development helper.  To me it looks like that mostly anything
you touch and which is using gtk will spill such scary messages.
I thought that maybe some common library is doing something which
it should not but apparently this may be more problematic.

Spamming ~/.xsession-errors is at least annoying.  It is hard to
know where the real problems are in all this noise.

   Michal