Gcc flags for compatibility

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon Jun 25 21:18:46 UTC 2007

I would like to support development of my programs on my x86_64
Fedora 7 server.  I need to cross compile for other Linux distros
running on 386.  I tried ading   "-m32 -march=pentium " and -m32
to the linker command but the resulting files bomb out with an
immediate floating point exception on other systems including
Backtrack 2.0 and Ubuntu 5.10.  The same source  files compiled
on Ubuntu run fine on Fedora.

Is there a magic "just make it work already" compatibilty flag to use?

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665