how do you create the install disc for pungi

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Mar 5 00:12:54 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sunday 04 March 2007 12:55:25 Jim Cornette wrote:
>> Is there any documentation which explains the steps involved for pungi
>> builds?
>
> The best (only) docs I have right now is in
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi/wiki/PungiDocs
>
> pungi got a bit harder to use lately, I have to go back through and clean some
> stuff up from the test1/2 push.  Check for a file in logs/ (could start
> with .) and see if there are any errors.  Right now, pungi doesn't catch
> errors from the things which it calls to the system so there very well could
> have been errors.  I need to fix that too soon (:

There is a log file called .386.log which seems to fail after writing
.discinfo and when running pkgorder. (attached excerpt from log). Thanks
for pointing out the log existence.

A bug report with the complete log will be submitted with pungi as the
component. (development)

I had trouble understanding the documentation referenced in the link and
kept feeling that I was looped back to the same information which was
not clear to me when read the first time through.

Thanks,
Jim

Log excerpt:
Writing .discinfo file
timestamp not specified; using the current time
INFO:pypungi.pungi:Result from pkgorder: Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder", line 34, in <module>
     from yuminstall import YumSorter
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/yuminstall.py", line 30, in <module>
     from packages import recreateInitrd
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 27, in <module>
     import fsset
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/fsset.py", line 28, in <module>
     import partedUtils
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/partedUtils.py", line 27, in <module>
     import raid
   File "/usr/lib/anaconda/raid.py", line 192
     isRaid10(raidLevel):
                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
INFO:pypungi.pungi:Result from rpm2cpio: /home/pungi/work/i386/docs /home
114 blocks
/home
INFO:pypungi.pungi:Result from rpm2cpio: /home/pungi/work/i386/docs /home
4766 blocks
/home