how do you create the install disc for pungi

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 14:11:15 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 00:45:15 Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> Ah, that "mkisofs: Volume ID string too long" again.  Sigh!
> I already had some email exchange with Jesse about that at the time
> when pungi was not yet a "component" in bugzilla.

Note, there is also a ticketing system in the Trac instance at
http://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi

> There are up to 32 characters allowed by a standard in that space
> and if you are over that limit then no images will be created.
> The way pungi generates this ID it is awfully easy to make it
> too long and without hacking a pungi code there is no good
> way around it save using very short, and possibly weird, names.

Yah, I know this is a problem in the pungi code right now.  Unfortunately
since the spins that I'm doing for Fedora don't hit this particular issue it
has been on the back burner to fix, other problems have higher priority :/

> There are two places in the code where this string is created;
> one for CDs and one for DVDs.  At this moment likely the easiest
> thing to get around that would be to make that ID into some
> "hardwired" constant.  Clearly this is not an option in a real
> code.  Regardless of future changes a length check is missing.

Patches accepted.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora