Gnome required?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:39:06 UTC 2007

On 3/6/07, Terry Polzin <foxec208 at wowway.com> wrote:
> I install F7T2  specifically selecting no GNOME.  What happens when I log in
> GNOME starts?  I try to remove GNOME via yum group remove and it wants to
> remove openoffice and other things I want.
>
> Why all the GNOME baggage?

I know what you mean dude. I'm not sure how other distros handle it -
but Fedora seems to be unable to function (with a DE) without gnome. I
have tried to remove gnome progs that I am pretty sure that I do not
need, but many apps that I do want seem to be dependant on them. I've
given up hope myself. I think that this is just one of the Fedora
aspects that one has to just "live and let be".

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud