Virus Infestation?

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 21:57:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 11:15:23AM -0500, McBroom, Robert C wrote:
 > It is strange uncontrolled behavior that I cannot tie to any of the
 > actions that I have done.  I'm used to console logs going to the login
 > console not every terminal window on the system.

What you saw was a 'kernel oops', which is a condition that shouldn't
occur in regular use.   If you type dmesg, you'll see various info
about the state of registers etc, and a backtrace of the last thing
the kernel did before it crashed.

Attaching this to a bugzilla report would be helpful.
If you've rebooted since you had that happen, it may be in /var/log/messages.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk