yum and broken deps

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 14 11:04:57 UTC 2007

Jim Cornette wrote:
> oldman wrote:
>>

> I was thinking that the -- followed by the parameter would not matter
> for order.
>
> I didn't have any luck with the plugin and resorted to the script that
> Dave posted a long while back to update the system. The strange thing is
> that after letting the script update the remaining packages, (Mostly
> gnome)the remaining packages were ALL installed. Running yum with or
> without the --skip-broken parameter would fail to complete successfully.
>
> All rpms are installed from development now.
>
> Jim

I think the problem with yum and the skip-broken resides because of
these dep errors put out by package-cleanup. Why the packages all
installed with a one by one script is confusing to me though.

  package-cleanup --problems
Setting up yum
Reading local RPM database
Processing all local requires
Missing dependencies:
Package gnome-applets requires libgucharmap.so.5
Package frysk requires libgcj.so.7rh

locate libgucharmap.so
/usr/lib/libgucharmap.so.6
/usr/lib/libgucharmap.so.6.0.1