FC7T2 Dual Boot issues.

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Mar 16 03:29:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 12:26:52AM +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> If you want now instead to mantain Centos as the main start now, you could:
> - boot centos
> - create a mount point dir /f7t2
> - mount /dev/hda1 under /f7t2
> - chroot /f7t2 (you are now in f7t2 /dev/hda1 shell environment; man
> chroot eventually)
You do not really need to do this chroot and create special files
and so on.  'grub' operates on a partition-by-partition basis.
So just install grub also on this other partition you want to
chainload and that will do it.

In order to be sure that grub-install script did not mess up
something in such situations I am using what is documented here:

   info grub installation "installing GRUB natively"

It is pretty simple.  You trully require only 'root' and 'setup'
steps with a device correctly described in a "grub-speak" and
that is all.

   Michal