preferred bugzilla category for test release 3?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Mar 30 22:11:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 05:08:24PM -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> We haven't decided what we're going to to in the Grand Future of the
> Unified Fedora. We may just have one Product (Fedora) and two versions
> (f7 and devel). When we release f8, we'll make a new 'f8pre' version to
> hold all the old 'devel' bugs from f7->f8. And so on.

Rather than creating new "cruft bins" every release, I'd encourage creating
"reported-against-f7devel" keyword (and new ones), and when the release
happens, moving all open devel bugs to NEEDINFO at tagging them with the
appropriate keyword and a notice that the bug needs retesting against the
released product.