Are FC7 repros down or is yum for FC7 having a problem?

Christopher A. Williams chrisw at cawllc.com
Sun Mar 4 03:42:28 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 22:32 -0500, Arch Willingham wrote:
> I upgrade a FC6 install to FC7 (test2) today. For the last six hours, all I get when I try to do a yum update is something like this:
>

> # yum update
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/6.91/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 03:15:20 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)

Same here with a fresh F7T2 install from 2 days ago. I did a yum clean
all to try and refresh with not much luck. I eventually did receive some
updates, but not after numerous errors like these.

Moreover the the latest kernel (2.6.20 ... 2692 series) kernel panics on
system startup for me. The only kernel that boots is the original one
that came on the CD.

Ideas welcome!

Cheers,

Chris

"If you are calm while all around you is chaos,
then you probably haven't fully understood the magnitude of the
situation."

--Unknown