FC7 live pen drive?

William Murray W.J.Murray at rl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 09:09:01 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 12:00 -0500, fedora-test-list-request at redhat.com
wrote:
> >   Hello guys,
> >             I am trying to make the FC7-T2 into a live pen drive.
> > Three partitions, 0=normal pan 1=fc7-t2 2=boot
> > The boot area has grub on it, and I booted knoppix fine.  For FC7t2
> > I have tried:
> >
> > title=FC7t2 live
> >         root (hd0,1)
> >         kernel /isolinux/vmlinuz ro quiet
> > root=CDLABEL=Fedora-7-Test2-20070226.1-LiveCD rootfstype=iso9660
> livecd
> >         initrd /isolinux/initrd.img
> >

> if the machine has another HD I am afraid root (hd0,1) could not be
> right.
> what if you use root(hd1,1) ?
Hi Gianluca,
          I certainly don't understand how this works, but I don't think
its the problem. That bit was adapted from a Knoppix live boot which did
work for me. Also, it is finding the vmlinuz file, so I think it as
the correct root.
    The problem is the filesystem is all in squashfs.img and I don't
think it is recognised/found/unpacked when needed.
 Ah...I just found something about squashfs....playing...
       Bill